Saturday 28 February 2015

Saturday journal page

Hay - new inks to play with - yum yum

I treated myself to Lemon Zest - Fresh Lime - Funky Fuchsia and White Linen.  It's so unusual to have a white in the mix - white ink is not easy to create and work with. 

So - be kind - first attempt

My all time fave stamp - moon gazing hare - actually all the stamps are Crafty Individuals - you can't see - but the hare has a glitzy green crown and pattern on his flank - the quote is embossed in glitter green - the dragonfly wings are silver embossed - and there is glitter on the cow parsley flowers.  I don't think I could live with out glitter.

I think I was being a bit 'precious' - the inks are very - VERY - thin and runny - and my journal is quite small (nowhere as big as Dyan's ) - and I had just cleaned out the kitchen (Saturday morning routine - sooooo good to be back to it - love it) - and I was trying to hard be neat!

I mixed the background with my 3 colours - then heat set it.  There is a spritz of white in the middle through the only 'proper' stencil I have.  When that was dry I spritzed through one of these fancy cut cup cake thingies-wot-its (see the technical jargon there ;-) ).  I heat set everything before I over stamped with Memento inks.  To do the hare - wings - quote - I sprayed just the lime onto white card and left it to dry - then stamped / embossed over the top.

I really want to use the idea of 'setting' the colours - then working over the top - and over - and layers to create my backgrounds.  with my cavnas projects I think I am more 'controlled' than Dyan - not sure if that is the calligrapher part of me coming through - but I want to be more mixed media-ish - kind of a cross between Dyan Reaveley and Finnabair

And I think I should be doing more tags (I have the wall space!) - perhaps I should aim for a 'tag' day once in a while.
Love
kitten


www.princesskitten.co.uk
www.thekittenandthegoat.co.uk
kittenandgoat@gmail.com

1 comment:

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment