Friday 12 November 2010

Life

We have had a damp problem in the living room since last Christmas.  Huge problems - the wall was running with water - had a builder out - had another builder out - even had the waterboard out to check the mains were not leaking.  So out came all the shelving units, the wooden floor, skirting and the telly, dvd, video, etc etc - and we have been living in an open cast mine ever since.

Last weekend the damp proof was finally injected -  and all damaged the plaster has been striped and replaced - and the end is in sight.

Now we have a wall that it all one colour - the right colour too!  I have spent most of the day clearing and moving stuff.  We have the floor insulation to replace and the wooden floor to re-fit - bet that will be fun.  Then we can get the shelving back.

I know it's sad - but I can't tell you how excited I am.  It is SUCH a relief to start getting a living room back - it has been a total nightmare, I can't tell you how depressing it has been.  I am gee-ing the guys up so that it's all ready for Christmas - there is still loads to do - so it's going to be a bit of a nag-fest to get it all done.  I have decided that we are going to have new tree decorations this year AND we are going to treat ourselves to a wii to celebrate.  Looking round for the best deal now.
Yours
kitten xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment