You will need a small amount of soft cotton or poly cotton fabric – a needle and thread – a short piece of thin elastic – some paper to work out the pattern and some scissors.
The pattern is basically 4 L shape pieces with a bit of a curve. The short part of the L is the waist part - it needs to be deep enough to reach from between the legs up to the high waist - with enough for a turning to put the elastic through. The long part of the L shape is for the legs - it needs to be long enough to reach down from the waist down the leg to where you want it too - plus a bit for the bottom hem. the short width needs to be wide enough to reach halfway round the doll's leg - plus the extra for the side and centre seams. It sounds a bit of a mouthful - but this formula will work to fit any doll - and yes - you too!!!! Just draw round the shape - cut the paper on the large side - then experiment before you cut for the final fabric sections.
1. Using the pattern - cut out 4 pieces of fabric from the fabric. Make sure you have the fabric pattern correct so that you have a right leg front and back and a left leg front and back – and that any fabric pattern runs in the right direction.
2. With right sides together - sew together the short top sections on the tops the front and the back pieces.
3. With the right sides together – sew the long side seams together.
4. Turn up a little of the fabric twice on the bottom of each leg to make a neat hem and sew in place.
5. Turn over the top twice and sew round – when you get about 2cm from the beginning – slip through a piece of elastic for the waist and sew the gap shut.
Turn right side out and put on the dolly.
with a bit of practice - adult bloomers are sooo cool - and it's all the same basic pattern!!!