It was supposed to have been a double bed cover - but I changed my mind and have made it up to fit onto the big, long sofa I have in the living room. I am keeping it well away from there \t the moment - until I get the walls decent - I don't want it to get messed up before I even get it on the sofa.
I had put off adding the borders because I knew it would be a logistic nightmare - Henry seemed to enjoy it though!
The patterns have come from this wonderful partworks collection.
I don't often stick with a partworks - gimmie the freebies and I am off! - but this one has been a really useful resource. I have adapted the idea for my monthly knitted squares patterns - changed the dimensions - written my own borders - done my own math - to make an adaptable system for you to make anything from a cushion cover to a lap cozy - right up to a double bed spread. At some point I will tell you how to add a knitted border to keep a big blanket in shape.
My patterns are much simpler then the fancy cabling I have done on some of the squares - but I will include a few of the more simple cables and twists as we go along.