Friday 6 May 2016

Knitted Blanket

I have finally finished my knitted sampler blanket.  I have been working on this on and off for 2 years.

It was supposed to have been a double bed cover - but I changed my mind and have made it up to fit onto the big, long sofa I have in the living room.  I am keeping it well away from there \t the moment - until I get the walls decent - I don't want it to get messed up before I even get it on the sofa.


I had put off adding the borders because I knew it would be a logistic nightmare - Henry seemed to enjoy it though!


The patterns have come from this wonderful partworks collection.


I don't often stick with a partworks - gimmie the freebies and I am off! - but this one has been a really useful resource.  I have adapted the idea for my monthly knitted squares patterns - changed the dimensions - written my own borders - done my own math - to make an adaptable system for you to make anything from a cushion cover to a lap cozy - right up to a double bed spread.  At some point I will tell you how to add a knitted border to keep a big blanket in shape.

My patterns are much simpler then the fancy cabling I have done on some of the squares - but I will include a few of the more simple cables and twists as we go along.

Love
kitten


www.princesskitten.co.uk
www.thekittenandthegoat.co.uk
kittenandgoat@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment