Friday 8 May 2015

New bible page

The next challenge in Rebekah's art journal is another pencil watercolour.  I have to admit that I did not really get into the groove with this one.  I undercoated the page with pva to protect and strengthen the paper - normally I use a really thin pva wash and wipe it over with a baby wipe to get a really thin, smooth coating, then I dry it really well with my heat gun.

This is how I prepared the page before I did my lion - very slowly and gently building up a surface.



When I did today's page I think I rushed it a bit - I used the pva neat and it was far too thick and it made ridges - it resisted the watercolour too much and was not nice to work over.  I resorted to using inktense practically neat - and it left me no room for graduating and shading the colours.  it didn't turn out to bad in the end - I just didn't enjoy it as much as normal.


I have just treated myself to  the 36 set Gansai Tambi Watercolour paints.  I have been trying to get a set of Peerless watercolours - and it's just about impossible in the UK - these look to be as close as possible to them - and other users have said they react in a similar way.  Thing is - they have to come direct from Japan - and will take about 3 weeks - I WANT THEM NOW!!!!!

Love
kitten


www.princesskitten.co.uk
www.thekittenandthegoat.co.uk
kittenandgoat@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment