Saturday 19 July 2014

Saturday's Work

Not a journal page - a re-invention of an old photo frame


Just a tatty old frame from under the stairs - I sanded it down and covered it with 2 different Decoupatch papers.  I used the Decoupatch glue to see  what difference it made to just using PVA.  There is a difference - the Decoupatch branded has a varnish in with it - so the finish is much more shiny.  It still shows as shiny even though I washed over it with black acrylic paint.


I just went mad really.  Loads of stuff going on in the corner - I am making more of an effort to add layers and definition underneath before I start to build out.  There is a die cut trellis, and a bit of mesh before the swirls.

And I have just picked up these wonderful clock, winged heart and key charms - can't find any cogs at reasonable prices yet though - will keep looking



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment