Friday 25 January 2013

New work

Jeepers - it's cold today - it's even trying to snow a bit.  We haven't had any snow here yet.  No really - honestly - there is a thick frost on the top fells - but we have barely had a dusting in the valley

I was at class with Ester on Monday (Hi Ester - I know you are checking to see how it turned out)

We made a card and a box first - and cut a window in the bow to set some embossed acetate into - looks so cool


The we spent all afternoon doing a mixed media canvas.  The photo looks a bit washed out - I can't get the camera to take a picture with out the flash going off and I am losing the details

The background is a collage of all sorts of papers - torn edges - then white washed to blend and tone them down

I had a wonderful extra afternoon yesterday pottering round my workshop finding all sorts of extra little bits and bobs to add to it.  The long silver 'dangle' you can just about see at the button is an old odd earring from my beads box, and the tiny little silver butterflies are metal beads.  The detail flower head is air dry clay which you can ink or paint any colour - shaped in a flexible silicon mold - and yes, I have got some clay to play with now ((£3.99 in The Works) 

 I added loads of extra flowers - and Card Candi for the centers - just for a change
 More beads from my stash box - and loads of pearl dots and gems - which are not really showing up in the photo.


Love it!!!

Thanks Ester - see you in March
xxp

Love
kitten

www.princesskitten.co.uk
www.thekittenandthegoat.co.uk
kitten and goat@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment