Thursday 1 November 2012

Do You Stack Up? Challenge blog - #96 - Brads




*$25 Gift Certificate

 
 
I am going to share with you one of my favourite techniques today.  I love to layer all sorts of different textures on top of each other.
 
Start by folding an A5 sheet of card in half length ways in stead of short ways and you get a fantastic long slim card.

You can't see it in the scan - but I stamped with Versamark and a snowflake stamp all over first - then used the Metallic Stayz-on to stamp the flourish - and added a die cut swirl in metallic green.

The top layer is all created on the brad and added over the created background.  Find a really pretty brad - open up the legs and add a die cut snowflake right behind the front.  Add funky fibred - twisted wire - cotton with a bell - anything you fancy really, and push the brad through where you want it.  I add a tiny bit of silicone to hold the fibres and wires securely.

When it is all assembled add dots and gems to fill the gaps

magic ;-)

Yours
kitten xx

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love the snowflake and the swirls.

    Hugs,
    Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...the layered elements are just gorgeous! That brad and snowflake are perfect. Great inspiration for this challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment