Wednesday 13 July 2011

Life

I am a bit fragile at the moment - 3 weekends in a row out at shows plus loads of other work on through he week - throw into the mix 2 visits from 'mother nature' in the past 6 weeks (going through the 'change') and a grotty show last weekend - all adds up to a huge fibro flare.  I am totally wrecked and needed to get a break.

So I  sneaked off for a couple of days in my flat to rest.  Sounds very grand - but it's only a tiny little 1 bed flat that was my mums, tucked away in town, behind a pub.  She lived bought it 8 years ago, since then she has died.  It has been rented out for a pittance since she died and has been empty for a year now, so I have been decorating it - and it's a wonderful hidy-hole from the world.
We have 3 or 4 empty houses in our street and I have always though it was such a shame - to be honest it's cheaper and easier to leave a property empty empty than to rent it out! - how crazy is that.  You don't really get a huge amount for renting - and you have to pay all the insurance, and inspections and fees - so I ended up with very little.  If I  leave it empty you don't pay water - there is no TV or phone - the gas and electric are on  a pre-pay meter - and you can get up to 50% off the council tax.
Basically - I can go and do a bit of decorating (which I love) - and get a god rest - for a couple of days every so often - and it's cheaper than most people spend on a big foreign holiday.  How nuts am I - who has a holiday home 1 mile down the road!!!!!

It's a absolute life saver at the moment I can tell you

Yours
kitten xx

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's crazy at all! I would love to have a flat to run away to once in a while! Hope you're getting rest and feel better soon. :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment