Saturday 14 May 2011

Scraps

I am an absolute monkey for fiddling with bits and then putting them in my filing tray (and it really is a wooden tray!) - and forgetting all about them.  since I have had a real paperwork blitz today - I had a rummage and clear out of my filing tray too.

I came across this greeting that I had written for something and then changed my mind and kept it for 'later' - and I found a couple of stitched swirl pieces that I had saved.  I found some background paper that had a lot of brown in it - and added the flowers and blue gems to match the background - then matted the stitched piece with gold to match the beads.  The text I matted with gold too and added a few blue gems.

I think it is harder to work up a piece this way round - rather than starting with the paper colours as I normally would - but it's a great feeling to create something new from odd left overs




PS - Blogger had a hitch the other night and lost a whole days postings from every one - so if you thought you saw something - or you entered a challenge - and it's gone - you are not going mad (well not just yet anyway) - blame Blogger!!

Please all check any blog challenge you have entered - including Do You Stack Up?
Yours
kitten xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment