Wednesday 17 February 2010

POEM

Little poem to share with you today - it was written by George, our craft teacher Barbara's husband
.
The Card Maker's Lament
.
Cutting, embossing, glitter and glue
There's only so much that a person can do.
Folding it correctly, getting it square,
Measuring, measuring, taking great care.
If it's not tidy then Barbara will be cross,
But just at this moment I don't give a toss.
.
Still there are times when it works
and I make a good card
After all, it's a hobby
it shouldn't be hard.
So pass me the scissors
And wipe off the glue
I'll roll up my sleeves
And see what I can do.
.
I do like the company
The sandwiches too
And it isn't too long
From eleven till two.
So, I'll put in more effort
And maybe ONE day
Barbara might say "Well done",
Oh, Hip-Hip-Hooray
.
Yours
kitten xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment