Wednesday 4 May 2016

Vintage - no better - antique sewing machine

I have finally dated the sewing machine I was given.  I knew it was pre 1920 - and was hoping for late 1800's - and it is!!



yeah - 1894 - so chuffed!

It is pretty battered and has obviously been used well.  I am in the process or cleaning and re-oiling it.  I have found a wonderful lady on Youtube who collects and uses old machines to make patchwork quilts and she has a really good guide on how to take everything to bits and clean it.


I have done all the front needle and tension areas - thank goodness there is a shuttle in it - no idea where I would get one if it had been missing.

Can't wait until I can actually sew something with it1


Love
kitten


www.princesskitten.co.uk
www.thekittenandthegoat.co.uk
kittenandgoat@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment