Saturday 27 December 2014

Nutcracker card

Hi to you all and I hope you had a lovely Christmas.  I had a very peaceful day and now I am catching up on some much needed rest.  I have to admit that I was getting desperate for a break - 6 day weeks are just too much for me.  I am off now until after New Year's Day - and I am loving every minute - just playing my game, watching the telly, doing a bit of crochet, and chilling out.

I thought I would show you the card I made for my son.  It's a collage using a fab image of the Nutcracker soldier that I found on All About The Paper.  It's not quite the same as I 'lost' the teeth and beard in the colouring.  Why do they have those - the teeth are so scary for little ones!!!! 

Here is the finished piece

And lots of details - the flower group.  All sorts of things piled up over a postcard image - there are 2 die cut snowflakes - a bell, wire spirals - for once no lace and very little ribbon - didn't think he would appreciate it!


The image is coloured with Copics - it's ages since I did some proper colouring


And there are loads of layers to him


The background swirl is a great technique.  You die cut some double sided adhesive - peel and stick one side to your project - then peel the other side and cover with glitter.  It's quite fiddly - and  you can only do this if your surface is smooth and flat - but it looks so cool!


The die I used is a Memory Box from last year -not all that keen on Memory Box dies really - they are too fussy and the 'cutting' edge is not deep enough to cut all the detail cleanly - but this one is pretty.

It took me all day messing about - great fun.


Love
kitten.

www.princesskitten.co.uk
www.thekittenandthegoat.co.uk
kittenandgoat@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment