Thursday 27 December 2012

Do You Stack Up? Challenge blog - Turquoise #104

This post really breaks my heart - but I am soooo proud of Alison (my USA boss). 

I have been working for Ali for 3 years now - first showcasing her digital work in Stretch n Bubbles - then as part of the do You Stack Up? Challenge, widening it out to include other digital artists.  I have learnt so much - and my own personal work has improved so much - I have really developed my own distinctive 'kitten' style.


The time has come where Ali has progressed so much that her company is now a physical stamps company - still with her own light sketchy touch
But her huge sucess means that I can't work the way I used to with her (the post from the USA just makes it impractical) - and since she has to spend all her time on her own business - it also means that the DYSU team has come to an end


SO FOR THE VERY LAST TIME
this weeks DYSU challenge is Turquoise - finishing on my fave colour

   (ps - anyone want an out of work designer ;-)  )



* $15 gift certificate to spend on Cutting Files or Digis

* $10 Gift Certificate

* Winner's Choice of 3 Digis

* Winner's Choice of 3 Digis


This tree is from The Stamping Boutique - who are also closing at the end of the year.

I thought I would try something a bit different with the tree - I have changed the colours of the  outlines before - but I thought I would fill in the colour inside the outlines this time in Photoshop.

Not at all techie minded me - what a faff - give me Copics everytime! ;-)

The very back layer is embossed and inked Core'dinations card - the glitter one so it's beautiful and sparkly.  The 'postcards' are a stamp I have just picked up (Whimsey I think) - love the image.  The snowflakes are die cut from roller blind fabric and slightly metallic/shiny.  The tree snowflakes are filled with Glamour Dust and (of course) there are loads of gems and glittery bits added all over.

Really love the effect of this - I can see me using it again loads next year



 Yours

kitten xx

1 comment:

  1. Love this - so pretty.
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a very happy New Year.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment