Wednesday 7 December 2011

Shelly - Christmas


My True Love Gave to me......

Two new Cookie Sheets so I can make a Million Christmas Cookies....... =)

Well, actually it was my mom that gave me the two new cookie sheets!

If your family is anything like our family - Christmas is the time that the Baking Sheets and Chocolate melting pots come out and there are sweets galore being made in our house!

Every year, 2 weeks before Christmas I host a Cookie Exchange Brunch with family and friends and we swap swap swap Christmas Cookies and; happily we go on our way.
So today, I'd LOVE to share with you one of my favorite cookie recipes and in turn, since we can't all swap cookies, I'd love for us to be able to swap cookie RECIPES! =)

Here goes - this is one of my favorites - simple and YUMMY!

Spritzer Christmas Cookies
  • 2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions - In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well.


 

Get out your handy dandy cookie press - fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325* for 11/12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks. Yield: 11-12 dozen.


I usually split up the batches and flavor them differently - For the Stars I switch out the Vanilla Extract and use Lemon. For the Christmas Trees, I replace the Vanilla with Peppermint and a few drops of green food coloring. Red Food Coloring for the Candy Canes. You can mix and match till your little heart is content.

I love the simplicity and flexibility of these yummy cookies!

So, share with us your favorite holiday home made treat recipe in the comments.

I could use a few NEW recipes for this years cookie exchange - maybe even one of yours! =)

At least one random comment that includes a recipe will be chosen to receive 3 images of their choice from the Shelly's Images store. Enter up to 3 recipes.
Comment NOW


Yours
kitten xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment