Sunday 12 June 2011

Can't help myself

Whenever I start a new project I either cover / make a new box, or cover / make a new book - just can't help myself. 

So the new project I am just starting - -  is the cards for the Pencil Museum shop - which are going to be unique to them - showcasing colouring with the Inktense pencils.  I have a couple of the wooden boxes to keep my pencils in - which I can highly recommend by the way - so of course I need a box to keep the images and papers I am going to use.

Seriously - you can get these wooden boxes empty and they are really great.  They really are solid wood - so they are good and strong - and they are not expensive - you can stack them on top of each other to store your pencils and pastels.  I have my inktense in them as well as metallic and pastel pencils and sketching pencils.  The other really brilliant thing is that the whole draw just slides right out - so you can have all your pencils in front of you and they don't roll away.  I really NEED another unit - the old goat is there again soon so I must remember to ask him to pick one up for me


The card project box is going to do a lot of traveling between my flat and home - so it needed to be very strong.  I recovered the lid of an old calligraphy tools box with a 12" scrapbook paper.  It was a very good match to the rest of the box - and I love the big Jacquard flowers.  The extra ribbon was an off cut that was the exact colour of the ribbon ties already on the box


And I have had the most wonderful afternoon sorting through all my pattern scraps box and sorting and tidying (even chuching out) and cutting backgrounds for the cards


Started collecting the images - started with stamping as you can see, and going to look through my digis to see what would be suitable.  The whole point is to show off the Inktense pencil colours.

Hay - colouring for a living - works for me!!!!


Yours
kitten xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment