Friday 29 January 2010

EASTER PROJECT

I have something to show you - now it is very different from anything I have done before. I wanted to do something really different as a larger project to learn all the Tim Holtz techniques. So I thought I would do his '12 tags Of Christmas' - as 'The Stations Of The Cross' for Easter. There are 15 Stations that follow the Easter story so I should get lots of practice.

This is the first one:- the trial of Jesus where he is condemed to death. The background is inked with blues, and browns, with rub-on swirls.

The tags are 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" and I am going to treat them all as seperate things rather than try to co-ordinate them. I am still feeling my way about at the moment. I love the delicate mix of colours you get - tiny little flakes all twisted together. This is my 3rd attempt at this one. The 1st one all curled up - you really need quite a heavy card to start with. The 2nd one I let my pencil roll onto when it was still wet with the crackle paint and pulled off a big chunk of the surface.


you can get all Tim's tag details here http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/12-tags-of-christmas-2009/



Yours
kitten xx
www.princesskitten.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment