Wednesday 4 March 2009

NEW CARD

I was dusting the pictures on the stairs the other day (in a fit of mad energy), and I came across a postcard I have had for years. I love this artist's work. Can't remember her name - it's long and has all sorts of letters in it: and is totally unpronounceable. I have a huge framed print that I bought when I had my first flat - cost me 2 months housekeeping, so I lived on toast.



There is a lot of silver in the image, so I carried on the theme - matting bits with silver and bits with mirri green. The green backing paper (I just love last years spring garden - not much left now), picks up the green stripes in the postcard. The cat is matted and raised, the text is raised: everything else is flat.

Yours


P XXXX






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment